Hello ORD PNSmen/ Police Reservists,
Is the RT at HTA (Home Team Academy) same standard like NSF time?
Is the RT tougher than IPT programme?
Failed IPPT and haven't book IPT.
Do they train our health, wellness and fitness the same standard as our youthful NSF active days or just train us like adults like in outside gyms' fitness trainers?
ENHANCED NATIONAL SERVICE (NS) INDIVIDUAL PHYSICAL PROFICIENCY TEST (IPPT) MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR HOME TEAM NATIONAL SERVICEMEN
1. The new NS IPPT Management system for Home Team NSmen will take effect from 1 Sep 2014. Enhancements to the NS IPPT policies seek to ease administrative constraints to better support NSmen in managing their fitness and other commitments. The key changes are as follows:
a. Extension of IPPT/IPT/RT windows to 12 months; and
b. Increase in monetary incentives for good IPPT performance.
Enhancements with effect from 1 Sep 2014
2. The IPPT window will be extended from 9 months to 12 months. In this window, i.e. from 1 Apr to 31 Mar of the following year, NSmen must attempt and pass their IPPT. Alternatively, they can volunteer for a 10-session IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT) programme. They will exit the IPT programme if they (1) complete 10 sessions of IPT; or (2) meet their Personal Performance Targets.
3. The RT window will also be extended from 3 months to 12 months. NSmen will have one full financial year, i.e. from 1 Apr to 31 Mar of the following year, to complete their 20-session RT programme. They will exit the RT programme if they (1) complete 20 sessions of RT; or (2) pass IPPT during the stipulated RT-IPPT sessions. Diagram 1 below illustrates the current and new NS IPPT management system.
Diagram 1: Changes to NS IPPT Management System
4. The quantum for the IPPT monetary incentives has been enhanced. Table 1 below shows the revised quantum, which will take effect from 1 Apr 2015.
Table 1: New IPPT Monetary Incentives Quantum
5. NSmen who do not perform IPPT and/or RT will continue to be disciplinarily dealt with. NSmen who have accumulated 3 or more default counts will be liable to attend a 5-day residential In-Camp-Training (Physical Training) [ICT(PT)].
Transition to New NS IPPT System
6. As at 1 Sep 2014, NSmen who have not passed their IPPT or completed IPT will enjoy an automatic extension of their IPPT/IPT window to 31 Mar 2015. See Diagram 2 below. NSmen who have passed their IPPT or completed IPT for FY2014 will have their new IPPT/IPT window opened from 1 Apr 2015 to 31 Mar 2016.
Diagram 2: Extension of IPPT/IPT Window for Transition Year 2014