National Service (NS) Registration for male Singapore citizens and permanent residents born between March 1 and May 31, 1997, will be conducted between May 12 and June 3 this year, the Ministry of Defence said in a statement today.
These youths can register online at http://www.ns.sg or personally at the Central Manpower Base at Depot Road. They can also apply for postponement of their enlistment in order to complete their studies, the ministry said.
Those not postponing enlistment, or unsuccessful in their applications for postponement, are to go for medical screenings between June 25 and July 31.
Registrants in doubt can call the NS eServices at toll-free number 1800-367-6767.
The press release:
1. National Service Registration for male Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents born between 1st March 1997 and 31st May 1997 (both dates inclusive) will be conducted between 12th May 2014 and 3rd June 2014 (both dates inclusive).
2. Registrants may register:
a) online at http://www.ns.sg or
b) personally at the Central Manpower Base (CMPB) Podium at 3 Depot Road, Singapore 109680.
3. If the registration is done at CMPB, the following documents must be produced:
a) National Registration Identity Card or Birth Certificate
b) Education Certificates
c) Citizenship Certificates (if any) and
d) Other documents as specified in the Registration Notice
4. Any registrant may apply, whether online or personally, for the postponement of his liability to report for enlistment in order to complete his studies in Singapore. If the application for postponement is successful, the registrant will receive a further notice from the proper authority as to when he is to report for enlistment.
5. Any registrant who does not meet the postponement criteria, or is not successful in his application for postponement, must:
a) during registration, appoint a date between 25th June 2014 and 31st July 2014 (both dates inclusive) for his medical screening; and
b) go for his medical screening at CMPB on the appointed date between 8.00 am and 1.30 pm.
6. If in doubt, registrants should call the NS eServices at the toll-free telephone number 1800-3676767 or e-mail them at [email protected].